The first step in Boardeaser's meeting process is Preparation. Here you create the basic conditions for the meeting, please do so well in advance so that everyone can book it in on time.
Start by clicking the "Plan meeting" button on the Boardroom > Meetings. Here you can enter the following (fields marked with * are mandatory):
- Meeting title*: Here you name the meeting, for example "Board meeting", "Constituent board meeting" or "Extra board meeting".
- Meeting number*: This number is counted automatically, if it is your first meeting in Boardeaser it starts with 1. You can enter any number if you already have a numbering, as long as there is not already a meeting in Boardeaser with same number.
- Time*: Here you set the date and time when the meeting should start and end.
- Location: Enter where the meeting will be held.
- Theme: Enter the theme of the meeting, for example “Budget”. If you have generated meetings on Annual Planning, different themes are already specified.
- Purpose: Here you can enter a longer description of the purpose or goal of the meeting in free text. For example, that you must arrive at a decision on a certain policy or procurement.
- Preparations: If there are important preparations for the participants, you can indicate this here. Usually it is to read the documents attached to the agenda (which you create in the next step).
- Send meeting information: If you want to send a calendar file to the participants so that they book the meeting in advance, you can click this box. Please note that the formal invitation with agenda will be sent later, this is only a preliminary appointment booking. A message field and a list of users will then open, write a message and choose who should receive an email with a calendar file that a meeting has been created.
When you have filled in the information, click the button "Save" or "Save and continue" or "Save and send" if you have chosen to send meeting information. When you click, you are sent to the next step in the meeting process, i.e. "Agenda".