In Boardeaser, one or more budgets and one or more forecasts can be read in parallel. It is perfectly possible to just read in a budget and use it both for reconciliation against outcomes (backwards in time) and as a forecast (forwards in time).
For each point in time, you can specify which budget and forecast should be active if there are several. The budget that is active is the one used in Boardeaser's own tables and graphs. If you create your own graphs and tables, however, you can also refer to inactive budgets/forecasts for comparisons.
Start by going to Finance > Data management > Budget management and click on “New budget”. A few options are then displayed for the budget/forecast template to be generated:
- Period for the budget
- If it concerns budget or forecast
- Name, description and comment
- Labels (used with business areas, leave blank if you don't specifically need this)
- If the budget/forecast is to be active from the start (then the budget proposal is activated at the same time as the template is downloaded)
- If the file is to be edited in Excel or Google Sheets (requires the Google Sheets Integration add-on)
- Whether the template should come with a suggestion or be empty
- If the budget proposal is activated, it is possible to influence what it should be based on
- If the template is to apply to the current organization or a subsidiary
Once the options are selected, click “Export” to download the template as an Excel file or transfer to Google Sheets.
How to add a budget
Start by navigating to "Financials" > "Data Management" > "Budget files". Then click on "New budget".
Choose budget year and type. Then click on "Next".
Here you can change the name, add description, comments and labels. Choose if it should be an active budget or forecast. Then click on "Save".
Now you can change the budget proposal. Select the format you want to download the budget in and then click on "Download".
Here is an example on a budget, here you can make changes to suit your company. Save the file and go back to Boardeaser.
Now click on "Upload budget file" in "Financials" > "Data Management" > "Budget files".
The budget is now visible below.
To see the budget go to "Financial dashboard" > "Budget", don't forget to select the year and month that is in your budget.
Do not hesitate to contact our support team if you need further help!